Critical transfer error introduced with FileZilla_3.66.0.1_macosx-x86

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

dontango
500 Command not understood
First name: Don
Last name: Tango

Critical transfer error introduced with FileZilla_3.66.0.1_macosx-x86

#1 Post by dontango » 2023-11-01 14:53

Hello,

ever since updating to FileZilla_3.66.0.1_macosx-x86.app.tar.bz2 from 3.65.0.0, i can reproduce a critical transfer error with all files that include the following character:
’ (I'm not sure if it is parsing correctly, it seems to be a weird way the apostroph gets used on Russian computers (I'm not Russian, the files originate from a Russian))

Downloading from proftpd to a local samba share. Zero issues with the same configuration and 3.65.0.0 on MacOS. The second i upgrade, the critical transfer error comes back.

PS: Is there a way to setup filezilla in a way that it respects the "do not look for updates" option instead of still looking for updates and just not showing the new version number, yet nagging to upgrade at every program start?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Critical transfer error introduced with FileZilla_3.66.0.1_macosx-x86

#2 Post by botg » 2023-11-01 15:08

Please post a complete log of a transfer attempt.

"Do not check for updates" works exactly as it says. If unchecked, FileZilla truly does not check for updates. As updates are important, it politely asks you to check for updates yourself after some time.