Feature Request: Queue action for Task instead of Queue

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

gacekssj4
503 Bad sequence of commands

Feature Request: Queue action for Task instead of Queue

#1 Post by gacekssj4 » 2023-12-18 09:05

I struggle with one thingon filezilla. By that I mean "Overwrite" functionality.

I have like 50k files on server. And when I Queue them to download, i get prompt about overwriting them.
The problem is, it only applies to whole program, or current queue. But not for whole task (future queued downloads).
So switching it to "apply to current queue" is done every time queue ends.

So maybe add concept to "Task". A task is all currently queued and will be queued transfers. From one "Download" button.

boco
Contributor

Re: Feature Request: Queue action for Task instead of Queue

#2 Post by boco » 2023-12-18 10:13

And when I Queue them to download, i get prompt about overwriting them.
Wrong, you will get prompted only when the transfer progress hits the first existing file. Merely adding all files to the queue (via the corresponding right-click action) does not prompt.
The problem is, it only applies to whole program, or current queue. But not for whole task (future queued downloads).
So switching it to "apply to current queue" is done every time queue ends.

So maybe add concept to "Task". A task is all currently queued and will be queued transfers. From one "Download" button.
1. If you select the checkbox "Apply to current queue" you will get exactly that - current queue but not future queued-up transfers.
2. Not checking the box (but checking the parent "Always" box) will apply your selection to current queue plus all future queued-up transfers, until you close FileZilla.
3. Selecting the Overwrite action in the global FileZilla settings will make it a permanent choice. No questions asked* (literally).

*In case of an error, it would still ask what to do.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org