ChromeOS - Filezilla

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

The West Wind
500 Command not understood

ChromeOS - Filezilla

#1 Post by The West Wind » 2024-01-08 13:17

Hello folks and a happy new year. First post on here and hope you can help.

I am locked out of my forums's admin panel because access requires 2 step verification and I am not being sent confirmation emails. I have backup codes but they wont work. The solution is to edit a php file on my server to disable 2SV.

I'm using ChromeOS, started Linux Developers Environment, downloaded and updated Filezilla and have access to the server but no text editor opening. The Vim editor shows in 'custom filetype associations' which I believe is preinstalled on Ubuntu!

In the Settings, File Editing Window when 'default editor' is selected the browse button is greyed out. With 'custom editor' selected I can click browse, navigate to Vim and select it. Vim shows in the 'custom filetype associations' window but still wont open for editing.

I can't select a default or custom editor! Search engines reveal it's more a Chromebook issue than Filezilla. If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful for input.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: ChromeOS - Filezilla

#2 Post by botg » 2024-01-08 15:21

vim is a console program, I don't think it can be opened directly like this. Try a GUI text editor. I don't know anything about ChromeOS' LDE though.

The West Wind
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by The West Wind » 2024-01-09 13:22

I've tried several FTP clients and Editors and can't get any to work. Filezilla connects and transfers file as it should then everything else fails. It's the ChromeOS file system that 3rd party software is struggling with. There doesn't seem to be any way to copy a file path.

Thanks for your help anyway, much appreciated.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2024-01-09 16:01

Have you tried installing a different operating system on your hardware?