HELP! Cannot completely uninstall filezilla or install/open it

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Agno
500 Command not understood
First name: Alessio
Last name: Agnoletti

HELP! Cannot completely uninstall filezilla or install/open it

#1 Post by Agno » 2024-01-15 18:41

Hello, sorry for being a beginner user and probably doing something wrong but i started using filezilla the 13th of january.

after correctly using it to pass files through sftp to my private server the application VANISHED from my windows 10 home operating system.
i tried reinstalling it today but it gives me an error : filezilla the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)

i noticed that the folder in wich i install filezilla (even just the installer) vanishes from my computer and i can find filezilla in the app list in my windows machine but i cannot interact with neither the uninstall or modify option

WHAT I TRIED DOING:
scanning for corrupted windows files with sfc /scannow (it found some corruptions but once i restarted my machine the filezilla files were gone once again)
checking my antivirus's history (no threat detections or corrections in the history)
deleteing the registry key related to filezilla
opening the app as an admin (you won't get me that easily)

i'm open to suggestions/info requests, please help me solve this issue as it is bothering me so much that is disrupting my other projects

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: HELP! Cannot completely uninstall filezilla or install/open it

#2 Post by botg » 2024-01-15 22:55

FileZilla doesn't randomly self-uninstall. There must be some third-party software that's deleting FileZilla.

Agno
500 Command not understood
First name: Alessio
Last name: Agnoletti

Re: HELP! Cannot completely uninstall filezilla or install/open it

#3 Post by Agno » 2024-01-16 03:31

i have tried checking the application logs... but i'm at a loss, can't find anything related to filezilla uninstalling