Crash after reinstalling

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

spalvo
500 Command not understood

Crash after reinstalling

#1 Post by spalvo » 2024-02-06 14:12

Good morning,

i had an issue with FileZilla Client so i uninstalled it and reinstalled, but without success.

Or, better said, FileZilla opens up correctly but the integration with our software is broken and leads to this error:

"Could not find the resource files for FileZilla, closing FileZilla. You can set the data directory of FileZilla using the '--datadir <custompath>'
commandline option or by setting the FZ_DATADIR environment variable."

Now, i obviously searched for this specific error on this forum and i ended up reading that this was an issue while the installer was running and so uninstall it and reinstall it again would have fixed the problem.

There were a couple of errors caused by the antivirus actually, but i created some exceptions and then the installer worked just fine.

For the record, the integration with our software does the following:
-Opens FileZilla;
-Set username, password and ip address to login into the server we are trying to reach;
-Login;
-Goes to a specific folder.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance
Attachments
414_176_1.png
414_176_1.png (7.48 KiB) Viewed 512 times

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Crash after reinstalling

#2 Post by botg » 2024-02-06 15:33

Your installation is damaged. You need to reinstall FileZilla. Try completely uninstalling your AV product if the issue persists.