Filezilla (Portable) can't set the correct language in 3.66.4

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

stefan.peter
500 Command not understood

Filezilla (Portable) can't set the correct language in 3.66.4

#1 Post by stefan.peter » 2024-02-13 07:57

Hallo,

since some time we are using the FilezillaPortable as Filetransferclient in our software (downloading it when needed and starting it). We use it to connect to our own SFTP Servers in our client software. So we prepare the settings file (filezilla.xml in Data/settings) and call the Exe/App set to a certain target url.
With Filezilla 3.66.4 it happens that on some of the systems a popup message is shown from filezilla before it completly starts.
a Warning stating:
"Die Sprache konnte nicht in German () geändert werden. Die Standard-Systemsprache wird benutzt."
Translation "The language could not be changed to German (). The Default system language is used."
Than it sets the language in the filezilla.xml <Setting name="Language Code">de</Setting> to <Setting name="Language Code"/>
If I switch to English in the settings (en) it sets it to <Setting name="Language Code">en</Setting> and will start in english. If I switch it to German (de) in the settings it will bring up the error message again after the app restart. Btw. the system language is german and if set the filezilla is also in german.
The locales for en and de are in the folder \App\filezilla64\locales (de has two files en only one)
The problem not happen on my own Windows 11 but i.e. on a Test-Windows10. It did never happen with 3.65.x before. What did I do wrong?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Filezilla (Portable) can't set the correct language in 3.66.4

#2 Post by botg » 2024-02-13 08:48

FileZilla Portable is a third-party distribution, we cannot support third-party distributions. Please contact the third-party vendor for assistance.

stefan.peter

#3 Post by stefan.peter » 2024-02-13 11:17

I did and the problemn does not stem from the portable part but from the filezilla part. At least thats what i was told there.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2024-02-13 12:04

Do you still experience this issue if using the official FileZilla installer?

stefan.peter

#5 Post by stefan.peter » 2024-02-13 16:43

I tried with the "normal" filezilla and there this problem does NOT occur. I can switch the lanbgauge as I want it. And it is correctly written to the filezilla.xml (as it is with portable version) :/ I'm back to the other forum ^^