interactive no longer reads local ssh-agent

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

tessus
500 Command not understood
First name: K. C.
Last name: Tessarek

interactive no longer reads local ssh-agent

#1 Post by tessus » 2024-03-24 19:41

I've recently upgraded from Majave to Sonoma and since then I can't use Filezilla in interactive mode anymore.

Until now interactive mode read the keys that I added to my local ssh-agent. Thus I only had to set interactive and could connect to any machine I could ssh to via terminal.
This no longer works. Any idea what is going on?

Was that part of the code removed in more recent FileZilla versions or why does it not work anymore? The keys are added via ssh-add on the command line and they are listed when doing a ssh-add -l

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: interactive no longer reads local ssh-agent

#2 Post by botg » 2024-03-24 22:05

No such functionality has been changed in recent years. Note that Interactive mode is not intended to be used with key files, it's primary purpose is for the keyboard-interactive authentication method of SSH.

Maybe Apple has decided to isolate the random stuff you are doing in Terminal from other programs? Try adding the respective key files directly in FileZilla, either in the settings, or on a per-site configuration in the Site Manager.