FileZillaPro - Login mechanism and Security

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

anand
500 Command not understood
First name: ANAND
Last name: ANAND

FileZillaPro - Login mechanism and Security

#1 Post by anand » 2024-04-19 01:22

Hi,
We are planning to buy FileZillaPro for our requirement of file ingestion to Azure blob. As per the documentation and a video in the site, I understand that the steps to connect to Azure blob from FileZillaPro is below:

FilezillaPro --> SiteManager --> Azure Blob Storage as Protocol --> Logon type Normal --> Username as Storage account name and -->Storage account Access key as Password.

I have few questions on this along with the security:

1) Do we have any other logon type supported (apart from Normal) to connect to Azure blob storage or should we connect only using Access keys of storage account?
2) How are the access key stored within the FileZillaPro? Are they encrypted during connection?
3) Would the users be able to create or drop folders in the AzureBlob Storage (if they have access to create, drop) using FileZillaPro?
4) Can one licence be used across 3 machines or laptops? I assume yes as per the documentation.
5) Would there be any planned outages or upgrades that the user should be aware of after buying the product? How are they communicated to the users?

Kind Regards

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: FileZillaPro - Login mechanism and Security

#2 Post by botg » 2024-04-19 07:38

1) No.
2) If yo have a master password configured, in FileZilla, all credentials are stored securely. You can also configure FileZilla not to save passwords/keys at all.
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) It's software that runs on the user's machine. Any downtime is thus fully under the control of the user and the remote storage provider they want to connect to.