Don't close server view on disconnect

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Gauder
500 Command not understood
First name: Philipp

Don't close server view on disconnect

#1 Post by Gauder » 2008-03-02 06:56

Hi,

it really annoys me to always do a manual reconnect and browse to the last used folder.

Is it possible to keep the server window opened after disconnect (not the connection itself, just the tree-view)? And when you doubleclick a local file to upload it (or an external file to download), the connection should be reestablished automatically and start the transfer. It should also be possible to browse already opened folders after being disconnected.

This is - at the moment - the only thing why I want to switch back to SmartFTP.

HMIBarryLSalter
500 Command not understood
First name: Barry L.
Last name: Salter

automatic Reconnection to Server or keep alive for more than

#2 Post by HMIBarryLSalter » 2008-04-22 17:45

My issue is, even with keep alive on, if I switch to another app like note pad, make changes, save and come back to upload, I have to click the "R" to reconnect to server before clicking my file to upload it.

If keep alive is the wrong option (because it doesn't keep my connection, not even 30 minutes as others have reported) then what is the correct option to set so that the connection re-establishes automatically without having to click the R?

If stay alive is the right answer, is there a place to set the time out on it so I can make it longer, 30 minutes would be enough.

Thank you!
Barry L. Salter
Hosting Master Internet
Hear (as in Listening) to Serve You! tm
+1.6024136197

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Don't close server view on disconnect

#3 Post by botg » 2008-04-22 17:53

Contact the server administrator and demand that he sets the timeouts to a sane value (several hours).