right click menu in queue-no pause/resume/abort??

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

deadpixel
500 Command not understood
First name: Phil
Last name: E

Re: right click menu in queue-no pause/resume/abort??

#16 Post by deadpixel » 2013-12-30 01:33

I agree with everyone here saying that this is a missing feature, but I also think that since it is such an important feature, they might've included it in a different way.

I am just downloading two 1.5GB files that I wanted to download in a specific order to optimize my bandwidth usage. I tried setting the priority, but despite one being set to 'highest' and the other to 'lowest', both got the exact same 136KB/s average download speed. What I did then was remove from the queue the file that I wanted last. When I next download the file that has already been started, FileZilla will ask me to if I want to overwrite the existing file (if I choose the same file path as before). One of my options will be to 'Resume' the file's transfer and, if the server supports it, FileZilla will continue downloading the file from the point at which I removed it from the queue.

That's basically a play/pause functionality: start a file, stop it's transfer, then resume where you left off.

But I still think that it could just be as easily be a 'toggle' option, for the sake of the user at least.

//Phil

boco
Contributor

#17 Post by boco » 2013-12-30 05:19

I am just downloading two 1.5GB files that I wanted to download in a specific order to optimize my bandwidth usage. I tried setting the priority, but despite one being set to 'highest' and the other to 'lowest', both got the exact same 136KB/s average download speed.
It's not a speed priority, just what file is picked next when one finishes.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

deadpixel
First name: Phil
Last name: E

#18 Post by deadpixel » 2013-12-30 07:17

boco wrote:It's not a speed priority, just what file is picked next when one finishes.
That's even less useful than I thought. I have my settings set to allow 6 concurrent connections, which I assume is about average, considering that the possibilities are anywhere from 1 to 10, and I don't think that a next-up file priority will ever come in handy. Far more useful would be a throttling mechanism so that we can optimize our bandwidth usage. Don't you think?

angelaroussos
First name: angela
Last name: Roussos

#19 Post by angelaroussos » 2014-04-02 02:22

Hi everyone,

Ok so heres the solution.
Right click and check off "Process Queue"
This pauses the file transfer and you do the same procedure to run it again.

Thanks!!