Extended Transfer XML possibilities

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Guido
500 Command not understood

Extended Transfer XML possibilities

#1 Post by Guido » 2005-01-13 19:13

I was wondering.

I'm developing a webapplication... got 3 mirrors running... and because we're developing it I'm updating all 3 versions at least once a day.

The project includes 800 files over 50 directies or something. And ofcourse there are always a couple of directies that aren't allowed to be uploaded (config material, settings, etc)

I know which directories I want to upload, I also do know what directories I want to exclude from the upload process. Does the transfer queue.xml mechanisme support 'complex' commands. Example:

upload c:/project/mycrap/ -> /home/version1/mycrap/

So copying all the files and directories beneath "mycrap". So that would be the 'complex' step, creating a real transfer queue (including the files) from a description XML.
Features that could be supported:
  • copying a file to another location
  • copying a directory to another location
  • usage of wildcards
  • exclude options, so that I can (at last) discard my CVS folders ;)
Only then the import XML queue option would gain real value, because from then if you're like uploading a lot of the same stuff every day... You can write a transfer XML and just hit a button :D

So my question is guys... does this stuff already excist or does it has to be created :twisted: ?

rickg22
500 Command not understood

You know i think there's a way to do it.

#2 Post by rickg22 » 2005-03-04 19:23

You can use CVS to generate the Filezilla queue.... kinda :-/

a) Make a local repository mirroring your website (I use TortoiseCVS). And after every time you upload everything to the website, do a commit.

Now: Use CVS status -q to get a list of all the modified files. NOw the thing is getting a tool that converts this listing into Filezilla XML.

Specs, anyone?