Cannot connect to server

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ancient
500 Command not understood

Cannot connect to server

#1 Post by ancient » 2004-08-14 00:26

Status: Connected with 64.89.103.81:7787. Waiting for welcome message...
Error: Timeout detected!
Error: Unable to connect!

This is the message I get, when I try to connect. Could someone please interpet what I am doing wrong by the above message.
I have never uploaded in my life but am trying to put either coppermine, Gallery or photos share on my web site that uses PostNuke. Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated.
ancient

Now I am getting this error message
Response: 331 User name okay, need password.
Command: PASS ******
Response: 530 Not logged in.
Error: Unable to connect!
Getting Closer
Alzheimer's may not be the end, but it sure is an uphill battle in another direction.

Words
500 Syntax error

#2 Post by Words » 2004-08-14 07:20

My first thought is to try and re-enter the password. Make sure it's the correct case (lower or upper).

What site/ISP are you trying to connect to? Someone here may use the same place.
Words
Everything is Permuted

ancient
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by ancient » 2004-08-14 20:54

Words wrote:My first thought is to try and re-enter the password. Make sure it's the correct case (lower or upper).

What site/ISP are you trying to connect to? Someone here may use the same place.
I found out what my problem was, I do not have full FTP access, so thusly, I cannot log on to upload a program. I have full admin privileges, but that is all, they are supposed to upload the program for me. I hope and pray, that they configure it also, hehe, but my luck has never been that good :D .
thank you so much
ancient
Alzheimer's may not be the end, but it sure is an uphill battle in another direction.