Connection timed out when login

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

dhmk
500 Command not understood

Connection timed out when login

#1 Post by dhmk » 2008-06-03 06:47

It worked most of the times when I was connecting to my site's ftp server. Now it doesn't work any more. It works with other sites although. I get the following messages:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error: Connection timed out
Error: Could not connect to server

Two other ftp clients, Windows command line and SmartFTP work fine. It is true that it is very slow to connect to this ftp server and so apparently FileZilla doesn't wait enough to connect and so it fails. The question is, if it is possible to increase the time before a time out happens because this is the problem. I cannot found any parameter in program configuration to do that. Is somewhere or it is hardwired in program's code? If it is the later I suggest to be added such an option or wait time has to increase considerably.

I had in the past the same problem with this specific server but most of the times I was able to connect. Now after some problems in the Host provider the connection is even more slower and so FileZilla always fails with the above message.