Reset status after successfull retry

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

bacalhau
504 Command not implemented

Reset status after successfull retry

#1 Post by bacalhau » 2005-02-13 03:41

Would it be possible for Filezilla to reset a file upload status when after having failed at least one time, the file upload resumes on the next retry? If, for example:
- the retry limit is set to 5 and at 50% there are 4 retrys
- in the 4th retry the upload resumes
- it fails again at 60%, the retry count reaches 5. if it would've been reset on successfull resume, it would by now be on it's 1st failure.

i guess this also applys to downloads (didn't test it tought)

aditionally, filezilla isn't waiting for the time defined in the settings and just retrys right after the failure occurs. is this just me?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2005-02-13 08:51

The retry time is the minimum time between connection attempts.

bacalhau

#3 Post by bacalhau » 2005-03-26 03:50

botg wrote:The retry time is the minimum time between connection attempts.
Maybe I was not able to make myself understood. I was reporting that Filezilla wasn't waiting for the defined retry time (the minimum time between connection attempts) to reconnect. After a connection failure during a file upload, Filezilla attempts to reconnect without waiting.

And as you haven't made any comment about the reason that made me open this thread (probably because I couldn't make myself understood on this one too), I will try to explain better.
There is a user defined maximum number of reconnection attempts. If during a file transfer fails, Filezilla will try to re-establish it. The problem I see with the current beahviour is that after a successful reconnect, the fail count isn't reset.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this was what you intended :)

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2005-03-26 08:43

The times are measured from the start of each connection attempt, not from the end of a connection to the start of the next.

bacalhau

#5 Post by bacalhau » 2005-03-26 15:06

ok got it :)

anyway, shouldn't the failed connections count be reset on a success? ...or at least i think that an option wouldn't hurt.