Filezilla disconnects, cuteFTP doesn't; same router-why?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Stefan1200
425 Can't open data connection

Re: Filezilla disconnects, cuteFTP doesn't; same router-why?

#61 Post by Stefan1200 » 2008-10-11 01:40

tom wrote:UGH. Okay, it's a tiny bit better that it remembers the directories, but I still have to wait for it to reconnect every time I want to switch a directory.
I tested this new feature on all my FTP servers (3 different ones) and it takes only one or two seconds to get the new directory listing (depends on directory size), after getting disconnected. So it takes maybe a half second longer if Filezilla has to reconnect).

It sounds you use very slow connecting ftp servers.
<removed advertisement>

Ghodmode
500 Command not understood

#62 Post by Ghodmode » 2009-10-09 08:53

Although this is an old thread, I found it while I was searching for a solution to my own disconnection problems with FileZilla. I'm using FileZilla 3.2.2.1 on Linux and my alternate client is gFTP. With Filezilla, I was disconnected after a short time. The disconnection was even recorded in the message log "Disconnected from server". With gFTP, I could stay connected to the server for hours or days without being disconnected.

Although my problem was with an SSH (sftp) connection, I'm pretty sure that it would occur with regular FTP connections as well.

It was FileZilla disconnecting me, not the server.

The solution was to set the "Timeout in seconds" to 0 on the "Transfers" page in the Settings dialog, effectively disabling it. Logically, I would have assumed that the timeout only affected active file transfers. However, disabling this timeout fixed the problem.

I actually found the solution on someone's blog: http://www.bala-krishna.com/filezilla-d ... roblem-fix

I didn't read all of the messages in this thread as they were too flamey for my taste. However, with regard to asking questions and banning people, I'd like to suggest that botg ban himself... You might be a talented programmer, but you don't have the right demeanor for this type of forum. There's no reason you should, either. If you're a programmer, just write programs.

As far as support is concerned, we're getting all of the support we've paid for and lots of free software products do just fine without any direct feedback from the developers. Use Google as an example... has anyone ever tried to get a Gmail bug fixed?

--
-- Ghodmode

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#63 Post by botg » 2009-10-09 09:02

It was FileZilla disconnecting me, not the server.
Then please create a new thread, don't post a solution to a completely unrelated issue in this topic.

ban_this_account

#64 Post by ban_this_account » 2013-11-18 19:17

After being disconnected by your software from my server on version 3.7.3 I was looking around for assistance in trying to figure out why after five minutes of being idle, while I am doing other things in the background, I come back and it dings anytime I click on a remote directory. I don't care about the issue anymore as I will no longer be using your software, and will be moving to a different client.

I work in the IT field using your client as the go to, but after reading your replies to your customers I refuse to put up with your shitty customer service and will refer others to some other software because your attitude is complete garbage. I hope you were hit as a child, because you have a lot of anger and need some sort of excuse for it. Obviously I created this account just to get banned, but after reading your replies I just had to let you know that you are infact the reason why people hate IT and developers.

Examples
botg wrote:
Filezilla 3.0.11 disconnects me
WRONG

FileZilla does not disconnect you. The server, some router or some firewall disconnects you.
I hope for the sake of this project that the other developers are more appreciative and accepting of all this free testing and feedback.
There are no other developers. People always complain and never stop bitching around. But nobody is willing to get his hands dirty and actually help.
Even if you are not getting paid, you still take this as your job to present your product professional. No shit people are going to complain and bitch about your product on the SUPPORT FORUMS, because that is what they are there for is to do exactly that. Replying with such a tone is really outrageous.
botg wrote:Guess I should spend more time in my ivory tower, happily coding away. Customer support makes me want to bash my head into the nearest wall.
I do not like to be accused to be wrong, I want to be proven to be wrong. One possible proof for a software problem is a patch.
Have you ever heard the phrase "Customers are always right?" Obviously not, because this is yet another piece of proof of a shitty attitude.
botg wrote:
khopek wrote:So WHAT exactly changed from v2.2.29 and v3.0.11 that v2.2.29 will STAY CONNECTED and v3.0.11 DISCONNECTS?
Do I have to start banning people? FILEZILLA DOES NOT FUCKING DISCONNECT YOU, THE SERVER, SOME ROUTER OR FIREWALL DISCONNECTS FILEZILLA.

"To disconnect" and "to get disconnected" are two entirely different things.
I don't understand how it could possibly be everyone else and their servers fault, when we're all having the same problem.
Lots of servers aren't configured properly. And firewalls NEVER are configured properly (only an uninstalled firewall is a properly configured firewall. Please don't make me explain this to you as you likely don't care anyhow).
ALL CAPS AND DROPPING F BOMB...Enough said...

I can promise you that I nor anyone that I work with will ever use or refer your software. Anyone I can tell I or post about your software where it fits I will shit on because of this. You are not professional, and I'm suprised you have the education to type let alone feed yourself.

- Go fuck yourself you self-righteous piece of shit

boco
Contributor

#65 Post by boco » 2013-11-18 20:16

Have you ever heard the phrase "Customers are always right?" Obviously not, because this is yet another piece of proof of a shitty attitude.
There are no FileZilla customers, only users. And no, they are not right. Many of them lack the technical knowledge to make even an educated guess, let alone a well-funded statement. That phrase is only commercial ass-licking on behalf of the distributors, for the sole fact that money is involved (and lots of it).

Here you will be told the naked technical truth, without the money curtain obfuscating anything.
Obviously I created this account just to get banned
As you wish. And the thread will follow.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#66 Post by botg » 2013-11-19 07:00

Yes, I don't understand that phrase. If the customer is wrong, he should be told so. An honest truth is better than telling the customer a groveling feel-good lie.