Filezilla vs iSeries (AS/400)

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

egpops
500 Command not understood

Filezilla vs iSeries (AS/400)

#1 Post by egpops » 2005-03-01 17:40

I know Filezilla doesn't officially support iSeries server connection type, but I was wondering if anybody has successfully done transfers with this type of server. I can successfully connect, but can't switch remote directories and download or upload doesn't work right. As far as I know iSeries is considered as a standard FTP server, except for some specific things pertaining to EBDIC to ASCII conversion and differences in the file system.

I forgot: good old text based FTP client from windows works fine by doing CD, LCD, BINARY, PUT, GET. How Filezilla processes remote directory change? How can I see which FTP command(s) run in the backscene when changing directory, getting or putting files?

Thanks

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2005-03-01 18:39

Every FTP command gets logged in the status window, as well as the response to each command.

If you need help with a specific server type, I need complete logs with enabled debug information (see settings dialog).

egpops
500 Command not understood

FZ vs AS/400

#3 Post by egpops » 2005-03-16 15:15

I've found that FZ works much better with namefmt 1. By default, AS/400 starts FTP client sessions with namefmt 0, listfmt 0. I can configure our AS/400 to start with namefmt 1, but other AS/400 owners won't necessarily change the setup for me.

For connections to other than our 400, I must issue "site namefmt 1" manually before starting to download/upload. On one particular 400, I must also change the remote directory because the default is not correct.

Is there a way to implement some kind of script attached to a specific connection. This way, by connecting server 'X', an attached script would do the work for me. If not, this would be a good improvement.

TIA