Connection problems

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

thecritic
500 Command not understood
First name: Ben
Last name: Braithwaite

Connection problems

#1 Post by thecritic » 2008-07-29 00:37

Hiya. I've recently installed Filezilla server and client, and am having some connection issues. When I logon to my server using 'localhost', the server connects perfectly, but when I or people on remote computers try to use my IP address, the server reports nothing and the client gives an error. Most recently, the error said that the connection had been made and the welcome message was being waited for, but the connection then fails. I've looked through the Network Configuration guide and followed all instructions I can but frankly I'm somewhat out of my depth. My firewall is set to allow the program, and appropriate ports are opened through my router. Everything was working correctly the other day, but today it hasn't at all. I'd very much appreciate a few simple pointers so that I can try to resolve the issues I'm having. Thankyou.
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

grantpet
226 Transfer OK

Re: Connection problems

#2 Post by grantpet » 2008-07-29 02:34

thecritic wrote:Everything was working correctly the other day, but today it hasn't at all.
the first thing i would do is find out what is different between now and then, certainly not just a shutdown and reboot i bet.