Using a username that contains an at (@) sign

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ace
500 Command not understood

Using a username that contains an at (@) sign

#1 Post by ace » 2005-03-09 07:39

I use filezilla in a corporate environment.

Giving the right order to the user and password of the proxy and of the remote ftp site and choosing obviously the right kind of proxy everything works. The problem is that now i need to gain acces to a remote ftp server that usese a username formatted this way:
xxx@yyy.zzz

The at sign (@) belongs to the username.

So the proxy thinks that it is a separation character ....

Any way to bypass this?

I tried to put "%40" instead of "@", but i'm not able to autenticate on the remote server.

Is there a way to change how filezilla pass to the proxy the username, the password and the ftp remote server?

Thannks in advance.

Boldan

Re: Using a username that contains an at (@) sign

#2 Post by Boldan » 2005-03-16 20:30

ace wrote:I tried to put "%40" instead of "@", but i'm not able to autenticate on the remote server.
Maybe it will work if you replace the "@" sign with %64. "@" is 64 decimal and 40 hex.

eyebex
226 Transfer OK

#3 Post by eyebex » 2005-03-17 10:22

as far as i remember, we already had this discussion. according to some rfc, @ may not be part of an ftp user name, because @ already is the delimiter between password and url (like ftp://user:pass@url.com/). so fz correctly does not support it.

ace

#4 Post by ace » 2005-03-17 12:10

Thank you Boldan, my mistake, but it doesn't work even with %64.

Thank you eyebex. I tried to look for some old post but didn't find it. The answer is clear and i didn't want to say that it is a FZ "misconfiguration" or "behaviour". I know for sure that FZ is "state of the art".
I just hoped someone could have a workaround.

It is surely wrong to put "@"" in usernames but it happens when different companies become a single one and administrators don't want to make a clean work with their customers ...

Nevermind. Thanks a lot.