Keep FileZilla from wanting to upload changed files

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

MichaelBrock
500 Command not understood
First name: Michael
Last name: Brock

Keep FileZilla from wanting to upload changed files

#1 Post by MichaelBrock » 2008-08-12 17:28

I don't use FileZilla to "remotely edit" my files on the server. I do tech support and in that process I download a file, view/modify it locally, download a second file if necessary, etc. However, in the Filezilla 3x when I return to FileZilla I'm presented with a prompt that the file I was editing has changed and I'm prompted to upload it to the server. I know that if I accidentally agree to the upload I'll subsequently be presented with the prompt that the "target file already exists" but is there any way to make the auto-uploading of changed files optional? I looked for some sort of "synch local files with copy on server" type option but didn't find one (I'd like to turn it off).

Thanks,

Michael Brock

MichaelBrock
First name: Michael
Last name: Brock

Re: Keep FileZilla from wanting to upload changed files

#2 Post by MichaelBrock » 2008-08-18 16:09

No one has any thoughts (good or bad) on this issue?

Thanks

Michael Brock

pough

Re: Keep FileZilla from wanting to upload changed files

#3 Post by pough » 2008-08-22 18:02

I came here looking for an answer to this question. I find this to be useful about 10% of the time, annoying 80% of the time and dangerous the remaining 10%. It doesn't remember which folder to put files in, so I've broken a few websites by clicking ok. I know I should have been more careful, but I'd also really like to just turn this feature off. That and the incomprehensible "Selected file already being edited" dialogue box. (Actually, I see now the wording has been changed to make more sense, so maybe that's okay. Before it seemed to be saying that it was going to either upload or download something before opening the file for editing. So scratch that request, but maybe another wording change to "may already be opened in an editor"...)