ENOBUFS - Out of memory error

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

boco
Contributor

Re: ENOBUFS - Out of memory error

#16 Post by boco » 2009-04-14 08:09

I have virus scanner and firewall and NO problem using Filezilla.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

jdratlif
226 Transfer OK
First name: John
Last name: Ratliff

#17 Post by jdratlif » 2009-04-14 20:47

boco wrote:The best virus and malware scanner is called Brain 1.0.
Unless your brain has a virus. :)
botg wrote:I don't use firewalls and I don't use AV software. And I also use Windows. No infection ever yet. It just requires proper configuration and a grain of common sense.
Do you disable javascript? I thought I read something you posted which suggests you do. It's hard to configure Windows well enough to insure total protection, common sense or no. You should write a book on Windows security. I would be very interested in this setup of yours.
cybersteven wrote:Sygate Personal Firewall + AVG Free Antivirus installed on my PC.
Sygate is pretty old; maybe you should switch. My firewall is part of my router, so I'm not sure what decent free solutions for windows exist currently. ZoneAlarm has a free version I think.
http://jdrrant.blogspot.com/ - CODEpendent Blog

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#18 Post by botg » 2009-04-14 23:16

Unless your brain has a virus.
I hereby prescribe you a mug of warm milk with honey and a night's worth of sleep.

Nescio
500 Command not understood

#19 Post by Nescio » 2010-01-18 11:21

Hallo Everyone. I've registered to this forum because i've found a solution to this error.
So.. i don't know if it's the real solution, but i tried and it worked for me.
Ready?
Just disconnect and close MSN or any chat program!!!
It works for me.

I'm not a developer.. or so much expert, i think is something like "the two programs was using the same port..."..

Thank you all for this wonderful ftp program :D
I hope this could help in the while the developers fix this.

b33z
First name: beez
Last name: nutz

#20 Post by b33z » 2010-07-11 21:04

i have to say.. i came here looking for the answer to this question and all i find is "turn off/uninstall firewall/avs" .. ?????? ... that is the easiest answer anybody can give.. all do respect, but is that really the best you can do? i mean, this is like one of the most common problems i have ever seen with ANY ftp client.. i wont mention any other brand names, but i have seen this problem several times before.. now, im not sayin i have the answer, or even know how to find the answer, (i mean come on, i came here first, lol!) but what i am saying, is that with the other clients i have had this problem with, it all came down to bandwidth/transfer speeds, etc.. "the faster it tries to upload/download, the more memory it needs" (i dont know if thats true, but thats what i have observed so far) ... personally i am going through all the settings/speed limits etc. and trying to see if any of them help...

i dont mean to attack/offend anyone, i just think that there is an answer, its just that the people who can find it, arent looking, or hard enough for that matter...

thanks for the great ftp client! and thanks for reading my rantings! i will post any/all info/results i come across, and hopefully this can be solved!

-b

boco
Contributor

#21 Post by boco » 2010-07-11 22:57

all i find is "turn off/uninstall firewall/avs" .. ?????? ... that is the easiest answer anybody can give
botg merely pointed out the most probable cause of that problem.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

botg
Site Admin

#22 Post by botg » 2010-07-12 06:27

I just do what Sherlock Holmes would have done: Eliminate the potential causes one by one.

b33z
First name: beez
Last name: nutz

#23 Post by b33z » 2010-07-16 18:38

boco wrote:
all i find is "turn off/uninstall firewall/avs" .. ?????? ... that is the easiest answer anybody can give
botg merely pointed out the most probable cause of that problem.
sure.. i get that.. but so far, from what I have read, the firewall/avs/etc. hasn't been the problem.. so wouldn't that be when we move on to another possible cause/solution?
botg wrote:I just do what Sherlock Holmes would have done: Eliminate the potential causes one by one.
well yes.. that's what I am doing. However, I just thought that "support" meant more than just pointing out the obvious.

Look, I'm just really frustrated. FileZilla is the best ftp client, paid for or free, hands down IMO. But this one problem keeps coming up, slowing me down, messing with me, and there doesn't seem to be much interest in solving it.

I don't mean to attack anyone, ALL the people involved in this project deserve a TON of credit and praise for doing what they do or have done for us, the public. Thank You Team FZ! Really! Let's just get this fixed. That's all.

-b

botg
Site Admin

#24 Post by botg » 2010-07-16 23:14

In order to fix a problem, that problem first needs to be isolated, located and analyzed. First step in isolating the problem is to get rid of all third-party software and devices.

mike_angstadt
First name: Mike
Last name: Angstadt

#25 Post by mike_angstadt » 2013-10-02 15:45

This has to do with MaxUserPort value in your registry being too low. The outbound ports available for TCP are max'ed

To Fix:
-----------
Run regedit

Go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/services/Tcpip/Parameters/MaxUserPort and set the value to a higher number (default is 5000 but you can set upward of 100k if you'd like)

I wrote a blog post on this since it also affects Mercurial Workbench and some other TCP/IP transfering services at <a marketing website>
Last edited by botg on 2013-10-02 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted marketing