Timezone offset calculation error

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ftpper
504 Command not implemented

Re: Timezone offset calculation error

#16 Post by ftpper » 2013-11-26 10:49

Upgrade to a server that supports MLSD
Like everybody else, that is not open to me because I don't control the server. I can ask those who do about that but it's not something that I can magically make happen.

So really it comes down to how the FTP client behaves when it sees that the FTP server does not support the MLSD command. (I assume that you are implying that if the FTP client sees that the FTP server supports MLSD then the FTP client will use MLSD instead of LIST and will only convert the incoming UTC date/times to the client's local time and will forget about trying to do timezone calculations. It would help to know this because that at least is some argument for me to put as to why the FTP server software should change.)

Right now the result for me is the same as for the person who started this topic. The numbers are crazy. The current FTP client behaviour is not consistent with RFC 959.

I suppose you could just give an option to disable timezone calculation completely if the server does not support the MLSD command i.e. take the date/times as provided and don't mess with them at all. That would certainly give better results for me. I think someone might have suggested that already.

ftpper
504 Command not implemented

#17 Post by ftpper » 2013-12-16 23:22

ftpper wrote:(I assume that you are implying that if the FTP client sees that the FTP server supports MLSD then the FTP client will use MLSD instead of LIST and will only convert the incoming UTC date/times to the client's local time and will forget about trying to do timezone calculations. It would help to know this because that at least is some argument for me to put as to why the FTP server software should change.)
Confirm?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#18 Post by botg » 2013-12-17 07:06

ftpper wrote:
ftpper wrote:(I assume that you are implying that if the FTP client sees that the FTP server supports MLSD then the FTP client will use MLSD instead of LIST and will only convert the incoming UTC date/times to the client's local time and will forget about trying to do timezone calculations. It would help to know this because that at least is some argument for me to put as to why the FTP server software should change.)
Confirm?
Ack.

classicrocker72
500 Command not understood
First name: Andy
Last name: Clay

#19 Post by classicrocker72 » 2021-12-14 21:59

I for one have to pickup files every day from a very old AIX server which we have no control of. It has no ability to handle SFTP or the modern file time settings. Every file we get is always the same number hours wrong from this server because of some time zone difference.

I get from this discussion that there is no way around this. I do wish an optional hour offset could be manually stored in the site manager "address" book with each stored ip address to allow for this since a given ip address for us would always be the same number of hours difference.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#20 Post by botg » 2021-12-14 22:42

Why isn't this old server updated? Why do you _have_ to connect to it? Are you forced at gunpoint?

boco
Contributor

#21 Post by boco » 2021-12-15 00:17

There is a time offset setting, in the Advanced tab of the server entry.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org