Filezilla does not remember my host name

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

mbeychok
504 Command not implemented
First name: Milton
Last name: Beychok

Filezilla does not remember my host name

#1 Post by mbeychok » 2008-12-22 00:47

I am very new to using an FTP client. I entered my host name, my ID and my password in the Site Manager. However:

When I click on Server, then Reconnect ... every thing works fine. But after exiting FIleZilla and then re-opening it, QuickConnect doesn't work. It asks me to enter the host name again. However, if I then click on Server and Reconnect, that works fine and I am connected.

I don't understand why Reconnect connects me but QuckConnect does not connect me. What must I do to get QuickConnect to work?

Could it have something to do with the fact that the log shows that Reconnect has to resolve my host name each time? Why cannot QuickConnect also resolve my host name?

The host name I entered in the Site Manager is ftp.air-dispersion.com ... I don't know the IP address.
Milt Beychok

da chicken
226 Transfer OK

Re: Filezilla does not remember my host name

#2 Post by da chicken » 2008-12-22 01:05

Quick Connect is for connecting to a server without saving it in the Site Manager.

Open Site Manager, select the server you want to connect to and hit "Connect".

Reconnect works here because FileZilla remembers the details of the last session whether it was through Site Manager or Quick Connect.