FTP transfer does weird things with files

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Tony the Ferret
500 Command not understood
First name: Tony
Last name: Grew

FTP transfer does weird things with files

#1 Post by Tony the Ferret » 2008-12-29 20:26

Hi, i have a similar problem, but also different. i am trying to download a lot of files from my parent company, they save the files in set sizes of 10,240, and there are hundreds of them to the whole software (Leading CAD CAM software), Originaly there was a problem because the folder was so large (90 files of 10,240kb) i could not download the directory information and FileZilla timed out (they changed folder size and halved the number if files in each folder to gat round this restriction), Then my NEW problem is that even with the setting set to as low as 10. Filezilla does not recognise the EOF on most of the files and JOINS the next file on onto the last downloaded file. Even if i select only ONE file to download, it seems do strange things to it, on time the file size was 16000, next time i tried it it was 20000, in the settings i have it set to overwrite. I am new to this product and had inital good hopes, but looks like i will have to go back to Mozilla ftp...... unless you can tell me differently
Regards
Tony