Auto Synching Local and Remote Folder

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

jeffsnox
500 Command not understood

Auto Synching Local and Remote Folder

#1 Post by jeffsnox » 2005-04-27 13:58

Hi, New to this app and this forum.

I've started to use FileZilla alongside Dreamweaver's "site manager" FTP program because of ongoing problems with it. FileZilla is in many ways far superior and I'm very happy with it.

One thing that Dreamweaver does that FZ doesn't seem to though (unless I'm missing something) is mirror the local directory (folder) structure on the remote server. So if I select ANY file in my local directory hierarchy and upload it, it automatically goes into the appropriate (mirrored) folder/directory in the server struture.

As I'm working on web site projects, this behaviour is very useful and if I could get FZ to duplicate this it would save me a great deal of time.

So two questions really:

1. Is there a way to configure FZ to work like this?

2. If not, are there any plans to implement such functionality in the near future?

Thanks,

Jeff

RuneImp
500 Command not understood

Directory Mirroring

#2 Post by RuneImp » 2006-05-08 22:17

Yes, I agree. I use FTP and SFTP every day and with rare exception I need the files I'm uploading/downloading to go into a mirrored from "base root" on directory structure. Why would I need to jump the directory structure on both local and remote connections for every transfer when 99.9% of all my transfers are to a mirrored directory structure.

I open Dreamweaver every day just for this functionality. As a Flash developer I rare actually need to edit code in it. And it is a very large app to utilize just for FTP. But I use it every day non-the-less. It would be wonderful if FileZilla supported this functionality as well. :D
RuneImp
Sr. Flash Developer
Kremsa Design