Feature Request: Dynamic Speed Limit Calculation

Moderator: Project members

marky1124
500 Command not understood

Feature Request: Dynamic Speed Limit Calculation

#1 Post by marky1124 » 2004-04-05 23:02

Hi,

I found FileZilla because I was desparate to find a sftp/scp client that could control the amount bandwidth used for transfers.

To that end I'd like to suggest a couple of improvements to the "Speed Limit" feature in FileZilla as it currently seems to be implemented:

1) That time based rules be dynamic. By this I mean that as time moves on the speed is adjusted accordingly. For instance I want to run large transfers that for many days. I want the speed to increase overnight whilst I'm asleep and decrease whilst I'm likely to be using the machine. As it stands at the moment it appears to me that the transfer speed is set at the time the transfer starts and doesn't adjust over time.

2) I'd like a distinction between speed limits per transfer and overall speed limits. At the very least it would be nice if the interface/help pages explained that the speed limit being set was per transfer.

This is all assuming that I've correctly understood the behaviour I've witnessed.

Thanks very much, FileZilla appears to be an excellent replacement to CuteFTP, good work! Perhaps if someone knows of another client that does what I want already then they'd be kind enough to direct me to it.

Cheers,
Mark