compiling wxWidget library

Moderator: Project members

cyanescent
500 Command not understood

compiling wxWidget library

#1 Post by cyanescent » 2005-12-19 23:34

After getting many errors compiling filezilla3 on Linux FC4, I finaly solved it by compiling the cvs image of the wxWidget (2.6.2) library properly in this sequence (as root):

Code: Select all

tar jxvf wxWidgets-2.6.2.tar.bz2
cd wxWidgets-2.6.2
mkdir build-x11
cd build-x11
../configure --with-x11 --enable-static \
--disable-shared  --disable-compat24 --prefix=/usr/local 
make
make install
mkdir ../build-gtk
cd ../build-gtk
../configure --with-gtk --enable-static \
--disable-shared --disable-compat24 --prefix=/usr/local 
make
make install
/sbin/ldconfig
...and then compile filezilla as per the usual ./configure, make, make install routine. After that -- yum remove gftp :D

I haven't got a log of all the compiles, but most of them stopped at src/interface/viewheader.cpp complaining about an undeclared wxWindow / wxSize function.

Great program!

Hope this helps someone,

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2005-12-20 10:48

Well, without the actual compile error I cannot help.

eddan
226 Transfer OK

#3 Post by eddan » 2005-12-20 15:05

Think you were a little bit fast there, botg. He explained how he got wxwidgets (and therefor FZ3) to compile properly on his system. So this was more of a I'll-post-this-here;it-might-help-someone-else kinda post :)

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: compiling wxWidget library

#4 Post by botg » 2005-12-20 17:47

cyanescent wrote:I haven't got a log of all the compiles, but most of them stopped at src/interface/viewheader.cpp complaining about an undeclared wxWindow / wxSize function.
eddan wrote:Think you were a little bit fast there, botg. He explained how he got wxwidgets (and therefor FZ3) to compile properly on his system. So this was more of a I'll-post-this-here;it-might-help-someone-else kinda post :)
That contradicts each other ;)

eddan
226 Transfer OK

Re: compiling wxWidget library

#5 Post by eddan » 2005-12-21 00:35

cyanescent wrote:I haven't got a log of all the compiles, but most of them stopped at src/interface/viewheader.cpp complaining about an undeclared wxWindow / wxSize function.
Not to make a big thing out of this, but isn't this what he got before he downloaded latest cvs of wxwidgets and compiled it himself? In other words, all the compile errors were fixed by his solution? And AFAIR you've said you need a pretty recent version of Wx for FileZilla to compile, so bottom line would be; if you have problems compiling FZ3 on your system, try latest cvs of Wx :)