Charset problem of Filezilla 3

Moderator: Project members

yookoala
500 Command not understood

Charset problem of Filezilla 3

#1 Post by yookoala » 2006-01-12 03:11

Hello,

There is a new tab called "Charset" on site manager right now. I've tested it on both Windows and Linux but seems it doesn't work on both.

This is my current testing setup in details:
- My server is a Filezilla server installed on a Windows XP
- My "default charset for non-unicode program" on the WinXP is Big5
- I think I must mention that Big5 is a multibytes character set
- I connects to it with Filezilla and it reads everything normally
- My test is done with Nightly-build 2006-01-10

I installed Filezilla3 to linux first.

I connected the Filezilla3 to Filezilla server without charset setup first. All files and folders with Chinese filename disappeared. Only those with English only name left in the Remote site plane.

I then changed the charset to "big5" but the same thing happened. So does it happened when I changed the charset to "utf-8".

I thought that was a Linux problem (I have charset problem with gftp too). I then installed Filezilla 3 to test all these 3 test again. But the result was the same. I was a little bit depress on that.

Charset for remote host is a great thing to have in FTP client. I wish it will work in the near future.

Thanks for Tim Kosse works. ^^
Koala

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2006-01-12 10:43

Would it be possible to provide me with a test account on your server and a shared directory with some empty files with chinese filenames?
For testing purposes I have the required fonts installed, I'm just missing a server that actually offers files containing foreign characters within their name.