Feature request to make faster

Moderator: Project members

dgrosven
500 Command not understood
First name: darren
Last name: grosvenor

Feature request to make faster

#1 Post by dgrosven » 2014-02-16 15:29

Currently, if the option to copy only if source is newer, the client has to check with the server for each of the files to be sure if it is newer or not. This multi-packet round trip for the 230000 files I have takes a long time in connection overhead and directory structure movement on the server side. My suggestion is that since the filezilla server is usually used with the filezilla client, the server can note to the client upon connection that it has the current directory tree (filenames and other info) that is encrypted/compressed and can be sent over to the client (This file is kept current in memory). The FZ client can, if in the "Overwrite if source newer" mode, ask for that file to be sent over behind the scenes. Then, FZ client checks that locally real quick and weeds out the files from the queue that do not need any ftp interaction since they are older or the same as what the FTP server already has. This is ONE transaction versus 230000. I think this would help many wo have a huge number of files to keep synced and not waste so much time waiting for the queue to be gone through.

audiopro
226 Transfer OK
First name: Keith

Re: Feature request to make faster

#2 Post by audiopro » 2014-03-08 16:55

Why are you updating so many files?

Only upload the ones you have changed.
Morecambe - Where the sun goes at night