FEATURE REQUEST - Macros

Moderator: Project members

riqrat
500 Command not understood
First name: Rick
Last name: Ratchford

FEATURE REQUEST - Macros

#1 Post by riqrat » 2014-12-04 02:17

I've been using FZilla for quite some time to transfer the same files to the same location, 5 days a week, week after week.

When I start FZilla and select my server in the dropdown, it shows a list of my files (from the local directory I set).

I highlight every file and then drag it over to the server folder (also preset) to overwrite the existing files of the same name, selecting the checkbox to overwrite them all.

Then I thought how great it would be if we could create a macro and then simply select it from a dropdown list when we want to have to automatically go through the paces as described above, for example.

Wishful thinking? :-)

Thanks.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: FEATURE REQUEST - Macros

#2 Post by botg » 2014-12-04 08:33

While not fully automizable, your workflow can be simplified a bit.

You could add the files to queue, right-click them in the queue and set the desired overwrite action and then export the queue from the File menu.

In future you can just import the queue and then click the button to process the queue.

riqrat
500 Command not understood
First name: Rick
Last name: Ratchford

Re: FEATURE REQUEST - Macros

#3 Post by riqrat » 2014-12-04 19:56

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately it does not appear to shrink the workload.

Right now I select the Site, select all files, drag to server side, choose Overwrite. Done.

The steps suggested has me load the saved Queue, click okay in the popup about the queue, then click the button to process the Queue. One step difference assuming I don't have to browse around for the exported XML to load.

With a saved Macro, we're talking about 1 click total. That would be really great.

Thanks again though.