Moderator: Project members

gino.cappelli
500 Command not understood
First name: Gino
Last name: Cappelli

Suggestion to improve the Site Manager

#1 Post by gino.cappelli » 2015-09-25 10:12

Hi everyone,

I am using FileZilla from 2 years at my workplace, I work in a web agency and I have to deal with hundreds of websites, switching from one to another to apply changes. One thing that always annoys me (and that I would like added to FileZilla's user interface) is the missing search functionality in the Site Manager: I have a lot of websites and I have to scroll every time, but with a search I could find websites more quickly. The following image shows what I mean:

What do you think? No one else has got my own thoughts?
Thanks!

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Suggestion to improve the Site Manager

#2 Post by botg » 2015-09-25 11:40

Prefix-search works in the site tree. Just start typing and it will select the site starting with that you have typed.

gino.cappelli
500 Command not understood
First name: Gino
Last name: Cappelli

Re: Suggestion to improve the Site Manager

#3 Post by gino.cappelli » 2015-09-25 12:17

Hi, thanks for the reply. I know, but I proposed the functionality for these reasons:
- All my websites starts with www. so I cannot use Prefix-search
- Even if I remove www., many times I only remember the name of the client but not the actual domain (and most of the times it appears in tail, ex: newsletter-frama.it)
- I did not show it in the image, but typing in the searchbox would filter the domains that are listed, showing only that ones containing the keyword inserted. That should be a nice feature too

However, I realize that it would be only a "facade" feature and I must said that I will like the site manager anyway ;)
All the best
Last edited by boco on 2015-09-25 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for disabling forum magic URL feature.