Tabbed queue

Moderator: Project members

blukis
450 Internal Error
First name: Brian
Last name: Lukis

Tabbed queue

#1 Post by blukis » 2007-08-25 18:33

I don't know if I'm representative of other users, but I have a few suggestions about the transfer tabs. (Disclaimer: it's hard to know if I've got the big picture. I'm coming at this from a user's perspective.)

- If I have "Successful transfers" tab selected, and I begin transferring a file, I think the "Queued files" tab should automatically be selected, for some visual feedback that something is happening.

- I find it awkward that the selected tab flips to "Successful transfers" when the last file is finished transferring. Perhaps it would be more intuitive to leave the "Queued files" tab selected, so when the transfer is complete, there's a little visual feedback that "the queue is now empty". If I want to see a log of what got transfered, I know where to find it.

- I was able to trigger a failed transfer by renaming a local file (transfer source) while it was in the queue to be transfered. A big error message came up for that file, which I like, and it dropped into "failed transfers". It would be more troubling if a file went into "failed transfers" without an attention-getting error message. If that could happen, I'd advocate for a final message when the queue is complete that says "There were failed transfers. Check the 'failed transfers' tab", or something. (Of course, this may be a non-issue if there's an error for every failed file.)

(Excellent work so far, btw. Despite these things, Fz3 is coming to be very usable already.)

eddan
226 Transfer OK

#2 Post by eddan » 2007-08-26 12:43

I very much agree on your first two suggestions. Seems more logical to me too. The developer has probably seen this and noted what you've said.
For help and support, check out the support page on the wiki.

Kallen
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by Kallen » 2007-08-26 23:25

- I agree with the auto tab flip comment, it's really not necessary. I know where to look if I want to see completed transfers. I don't think there should be any auto tabbing at all as I feel people are more at ease when they have complete control over which tab they are viewing at any time.

To addon to the failure suggestion:

- I think a good idea is to flash the Failed Transfers tab a red (or other) color. I don't know if popping failure windows in your face is a good idea as I usually hate clicking through error messages.

I also have to say the author is doing a great job so far.