Moderator: Project members

MikkelOlsen
500 Command not understood
First name: Mikkel
Last name: Olsen

Feature request regarding fzdefaults

#1 Post by MikkelOlsen » 2017-06-02 09:10

Hello,

I´ve setup a fzdefaults.xml and set Config Location to a shared dropbox folder, so that all the developers from my work place share the same sitemanager.xml on each computer.

Everything is working just fine, but there is a minor issue, which could be problematic in particular situations.

Here is an example that describes the problem.

Say I have the Site Manager opened in my Filezilla where i create some new sites and make some modifications etc., if another developer also has his Site Manager opened in his Filezille at the same time, all my or his modifications are lost depending on who clicks OK first.

Now what I suggest is that you make sure that Filezilla always checks its configuration files to see whether they have been changed before saving any new changes.
That way the system could popup a warning or something to that effect, so that the developer knows that other changes has been made while his Site Manager is open.

I hope I have described this clearly enough for you to understand, otherwise please tell me to elaborate.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Feature request regarding fzdefaults

#2 Post by botg » 2017-06-02 10:49

Sharing the config location is not a supported use case. Please do not share the config location.

MikkelOlsen
500 Command not understood
First name: Mikkel
Last name: Olsen

#3 Post by MikkelOlsen » 2017-06-05 17:27

botg wrote:Sharing the config location is not a supported use case. Please do not share the config location.
Is there an alternative method of sharing sitemanager.xml via dropbox, without using setting the <Setting name="Config Location"> in local fzdefaults.xml ?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2017-06-05 17:36

File -> Export and File -> Import