Client interface features request

Moderator: Project members

setu3600
500 Command not understood

Client interface features request

#1 Post by setu3600 » 2017-07-18 06:31

Can these features be added in a future release to make filezilla more user friendly?

- Auto refresh files list in the local pane after editing files in an external program. Now every time I need to hit F5 after modifying a file. This feature is so useful and has been in cuteftp for years :(

- Add a dedicated 'Move up' directory button in the toolbar area. Now if I have scrolled down a long file list and want to go up one folder, I have to scroll all the way up just to see that 'Up button' which is now put inside the panes - a pain. Again cuteftp has it for years.

- The sort columns in the panes can be dragged but they don't remember the user's order when filezilla is restarted. The first column is always 'Filename' and last column again goes back to 'Last Modified'.

- Why can't we rearrange/remove/add the toolbar buttons? Having this feature makes a program so much user friendly.

I have been waiting for these feature for years and eagerly wait for every new filezilla release only to be disappointed.

Some credit where its due - filezilla is still a dependable robust software. Thanks.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Client interface features request

#2 Post by botg » 2017-07-18 08:37

- Add a dedicated 'Move up' directory button in the toolbar area. Now if I have scrolled down a long file list and want to go up one folder, I have to scroll all the way up just to see that 'Up button' which is now put inside the panes - a pain. Again cuteftp has it for years.
Backspace.
- The sort columns in the panes can be dragged but they don't remember the user's order when filezilla is restarted. The first column is always 'Filename' and last column again goes back to 'Last Modified'.
Right-click the column header to persistently set visible columns and sort order.

LeoGraper
500 Command not understood
First name: Leo
Last name: Graper

Re: Client interface features request

#3 Post by LeoGraper » 2017-07-30 11:23

Hello Admin & Setu3600,
Just started using this great FTP client because TotalCommander just didn't work the way I wanted, it kept throwing me off-line.
Program works great, but I would like to secon that request about auto refresh.
Is this the correct way/place to do this, or do I go somewhere else?

Regards, Leo.