FileZilla Pro AWS Glacier support

Moderator: Project members

TellurideGypsy
500 Command not understood
First name: Carlton
Last name: Grady

FileZilla Pro AWS Glacier support

#1 Post by TellurideGypsy » 2019-09-16 15:11

I see from the pro account that it specifically states that it supports transfer to AWS S3, but not Glacier.

But, it seems that AWS has now changed Glacier to use the S3 API as noted below in what I copied from the AWS S3 FAQ.
Has anyone tried this or could it be tested before I buy the Pro version? Thanks!

The easiest way to store data in S3 Glacier Deep Archive is to use the S3 API to upload data directly. Just specify “S3 Glacier Deep Archive” as the storage class. You can accomplish this using the AWS Management Console, S3 REST API, AWS SDKs, or AWS Command Line Interface.

You can also begin using S3 Glacier Deep Archive by creating policies to migrate data using S3 Lifecycle, which provides the ability to define the lifecycle of your object and reduce your cost of storage. These policies can be set to migrate objects to S3 Glacier Deep Archive based on the age of the object. You can specify the policy for an S3 bucket, or for specific prefixes. Lifecycle transitions are billed at the S3 Glacier Deep Archive Upload price.

Tape Gateway, a cloud-based virtual tape library feature of AWS Storage Gateway, now integrates with S3 Glacier Deep Archive, enabling you to store your virtual tape-based, long-term backups and archives in S3 Glacier Deep Archive, thereby providing the lowest cost storage for this data in the cloud. To get started, create a new virtual tape using AWS Storage Gateway Console or API, and set the archival storage target either to S3 Glacier or S3 Glacier Deep Archive. When your backup application ejects the tape, the tape will be archived to your selected storage target.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: FileZilla Pro AWS Glacier support

#2 Post by botg » 2019-09-17 07:13

You can configure lifecycle policies in FileZilla Pro to automatically transition files to the Glacier storage class after the specified number of days. The distinct Glacier Deep Archive storage class is not supported yet.