Seriously, where is the dark theme ??

Moderator: Project members

Landy005
500 Command not understood
First name: Maarten
Last name: Van Assche

Re: Seriously, where is the dark theme ??

#16 Post by Landy005 » 2023-02-26 21:29

Has "microsoft" been contacted about this issue? If so what was their response, will they change it? If so what's the progress? They're just people like you and me, if it's scheduled or hidden in their backlog a bump or a bit of attention from this filezilla community will stir things up again. Let me know what you guys think! ( I work with Microsoft in personal work and I know that they're known to be a bit slow but they'll reshuffle priorities based on the (relevant) public's opinion)

winzilla
450 Internal Error

Re: Seriously, where is the dark theme ??

#17 Post by winzilla » 2023-09-20 10:57

FWIW, if you're using a dark theme in Windows 7, it works perfectly. So FileZilla is fully dark for me, as are virtually all other applications. I've attached a picture below.
If you're using a post-Windows 7 you are out of luck, since the the classic theme subsystem was removed, which is what makes such a theme possible. But if you're using a customizable version of Windows, it's fairly easy.
Individual programs generally don't need to provide a theme. Using the system skin is *generally* the correct way to do it... there are maybe a few exceptions (MS Office, etc.).
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (122.37 KiB) Viewed 3266 times