Moderator: Project members

wibuu5999
500 Command not understood
First name: Wii
Last name: Buu

How to reload config in Filezilla server v1.1

#1 Post by wibuu5999 » 2021-11-03 00:45

Hi,
I'm going to integrate the FileZilla Server 1.1 with my .Net application.
The idea is very simple, i will control the user list by edit the users.xml, then reload the application.
I have two question in this:
1. How can i reload the application by command line. From https://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Comm ... s_(Server) , i trired with filezilla-server.exe /reload-config but i have no luck.
2. When the server is running and some users are transferring their files. Any way to reload the config withou interupt the current transfer session? In my case, i add a new ftp user to the list.

Thank you for reading

oibaf
Contributor
First name: Fabio
Last name: Alemagna

Re: How to reload config in Filezilla server v1.1

#2 Post by oibaf » 2021-11-03 10:12

There's currently no way to prompt the server to reload its own configuration files while alive. The currently supported way to change the configuration while the server is alive is via the administration protocol, which however doesn't have .NET bindings at the moment.

The functionality will be available in one of the next releases, we'll keep you posted on it.

oibaf
Contributor
First name: Fabio
Last name: Alemagna

Re: How to reload config in Filezilla server v1.1

#3 Post by oibaf » 2022-01-28 12:12

I'm here to say that the functionality has just been implemented and will be available in the next night builds and in the next official release.

On unix/macos, it will ne enough to send a SIGHUP signal to the filezilla-server process.
On windows, the following command can be used: SC control filezilla-server paramchange.