Moderator: Project members

File7illa
500 Command not understood
First name: Filezilla
Last name: User

Feature request: Apply updates silently without user intervention

#1 Post by File7illa » 2021-11-04 21:24

Hello,

I use Filezilla on Win10, I like it, but I am so annoyed by frequent update messages... Every time, it requires user intervention... It is so annoying... I went through the settings, but didn't find a way to apply updates in the background automatically and silently without annoying the user. Most applications apply updates silently in the background without the user even noticing it. Also, I noticed the update process leaves the .exe file in the download directory, and as time goes by, these update files add up unnecessarily. In case, it really isn't possible to stop this annoyance with the current version, could you add this feature please? Could you forward my message to the development team, please?
Thank you.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Feature request: Apply updates silently without user intervention

#2 Post by botg » 2021-11-04 21:37

This would require an update service, which is quite complex to implement in a secure manner. There are more important things we prefer to spend development time on.

matasho
500 Command not understood
First name: n
Last name: b

Re: Feature request: Apply updates silently without user intervention

#3 Post by matasho » 2021-11-05 03:54

botg wrote:
2021-11-04 21:37
There are more important things we prefer to spend development time on.
Such as 10+ year old feature requests that the absent of has been noted to have cost you $280 in sales from one person alone?