Moderator: Project members

RicardoOrtegaO
500 Command not understood
First name: RICARDO
Last name: ORTEGA

Annoying delayed popup when file exists

#1 Post by RicardoOrtegaO » 2023-02-17 17:54

Great job. Congratulations to all developers and supporters
Please let the user avoid the annoying popup "File exists" that appears long after the transfer was started
I can't found a configuration option to avoid and to automatically answer that popup just when the transfer was started
So, the user avoids waiting that popup a long time after the transfer was started
Suggestion: Add configuration options to deal with file exists et al.
By example, Total Commander has options to deal with copy (transfer) events exactly in the beginning of the copying (transfer in our case)
Thanks in advance. This will save me a lot of time monitoring long transfers (200GB or more) only to clic in the right answer
Ricardo Ortega

boco
Contributor

Re: Annoying delayed popup when file exists

#2 Post by boco » 2023-02-19 11:33

The default behavior can already be set in Settings - Transfers - File exists action. This is then the default for all transfers, however.
What you write would certainly be an improvement, however, the way I understand this, it's hard to realize given the way the current queue handling works. And it's even more annoying than you think.

FileZilla already starts transferring while still building the queue. So, even when you get a popup, set your desired rule and then use the "for current queue only" option, this only applies to items already in the queue. New items added after the selection will provoke more popups; this only stops if the queue building is complete.
What I do currently is setting the desired rule, have it remember but I do NOT use the "for current queue only" option. Important: Setting the rule in the popup will never change the global default, even if you set it to remember. That's what the option fails to mention - it only applies until you close FileZilla.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org