I've started to create a basic framework for FileZilla 3 using the wxWidgets library.
So far I really like that library, it's straightforwarded, well documented and easy to use.
But rather quick I came across a nasty limitation in wxWidgets. To display formatted text, html controls are used; using HTML for formatted text is really nice.
Unfortunately the html library in wxWidgets is only very basic, especially the table parsing was horrible.
I've spent the whole day trying to improve the HTML parser. I tried to mimic the way FireFox displays tables. It wasn't an easy task, though still enjoyable since the code of wxWidgets is well formatted and easy to read and understand. The HTML library now properly parses and displays tables.
Tomorrow I'll clean up and document the changed code and will send a patch to the creators of wxWidgets. Hopefully they'll include my patch into the official source tree.