How speed limit works?

Moderator: Project members

satanuke
504 Command not implemented

How speed limit works?

#1 Post by satanuke » 2005-01-04 19:37

Hey there, I´m a delphi developer and I´m building an application that transfers files, but I need to limit the server upload speed.
How did you implement this on filezilla server? Just give me an overview...

I was thinking on adding delays after receiving each packet, but that way I couldn´t have an accurate limit, and probably would have to use threads to avoid the server locks.

Can you help me?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2005-01-04 23:14

Iirc FZS uses a timer which get's called once in a while to send/receive more data if speed limiting is enabled. It keeps track of the amount of data transferred and limits the amount of data sent/read on each call.

satanuke

#3 Post by satanuke » 2005-01-05 14:14

Hum, that is good idea. At least timers don´t block my app and will deal with the delay problem. Tks, good luck with this amazing project.

Btw, I´m creating another project that is a pack of servers (apache, mysql, etc...) and I would like to include filezilla server as well.

I know I can use it without permission but still I would like to know if this is ok with this project members.

TheAngryPenguin
226 Transfer OK

#4 Post by TheAngryPenguin » 2005-01-05 15:56

satanuke wrote:Btw, I´m creating another project that is a pack of servers (apache, mysql, etc...) and I would like to include filezilla server as well.
Something like XAMPP for Windows? It too includes FileZilla Server. PM me when you have something ready -- I'd like to check it out.

satanuke

#5 Post by satanuke » 2005-01-05 19:28

TheAngryPenguin wrote:
satanuke wrote:Btw, I´m creating another project that is a pack of servers (apache, mysql, etc...) and I would like to include filezilla server as well.
Something like XAMPP for Windows? It too includes FileZilla Server. PM me when you have something ready -- I'd like to check it out.
It´s something like XAMPP but it has GUI´s for controlling and configuring each server.
No more editing text files and running batch files to start the services.
The user has the option of choosing the latest servers (apache2, php5, mysql5) or the stable version (apache1.3, php4.3.10, mysql4.1.8).

I´ll send you a PM when it´s ready.

satanuke

#6 Post by satanuke » 2005-01-10 03:19

satanuke wrote:
TheAngryPenguin wrote:
It´s something like XAMPP but it has GUI´s for controlling and configuring each server.
No more editing text files and running batch files to start the services.
The user has the option of choosing the latest servers (apache2, php5, mysql5) or the stable version (apache1.3, php4.3.10, mysql4.1.8).

I´ll send you a PM when it´s ready.
The first beta has been released http://netserver.sourceforge.net