Build errors for FileZilla2 on my workstation

Moderator: Project members

dynamicProxy
504 Command not implemented

Build errors for FileZilla2 on my workstation

#1 Post by dynamicProxy » 2005-01-29 08:17

Hi:

I'm exploring the possibility to adding Rsync to Filezilla 2. I'd like to look at FZ3, but some students I've given this task to, would be more comfortable with MFC, etc. Hence FZ2. I am myself a C++ MFC newbie, but a Java/C# programmer, so I have manged to get the build to where I am stuck with two errors:

I get the following two errors when I try to build FileZilla2 on my workstation:

FileZilla error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall COptionsTransferCompressionPage::~COptionsTransferCompressionPage(void)" (??1COptionsTransferCompressionPage@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall COptions::~COptions(void)" (??1COptions@@UAE@XZ)

and

FileZilla error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _inflateEnd@4 referenced in function "public: virtual __thiscall CTransferSocket::~CTransferSocket(void)" (??1CTransferSocket@@UAE@XZ)

Changes by me:
1. Filezilla uses __time64_ which is not present in VC6's time.h, but which is present in VC 7's time.h. I'm therefore using Visual Studio .NET 2003

2. I've commented out references to idna.h, and altered CControlSocket::ConvertDomainName to read as follows:

CString CControlSocket::ConvertDomainName(CString domain)
{
return domain;
}

My workstation information:
1. Visual Studio .NET
2. zlib122

the zlib122 documentation says that I should define the macro ZLIB_WINAPI before including zlib.h, and I have done so as follows in transfersocket.h:

#define ZLIB_WINAPI 1

What am I doing wrong here ? And how should I build FileZilla 2 with Visual Studio ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-- Sriram

dynamicProxy

Follow up information

#2 Post by dynamicProxy » 2005-01-29 10:38

Hi:

I removed all references to the class COptionsTransferCompressionPage, as a temporary measure.

To solve the problem with _inflateEnd not being visible, I've taken the sources of zlib122 and am trying to compile against the header files supplied with this release. I've inserted #error statements and have ascertained that various extern statements are indeed being called.

Acc to the MSDN, this error could occue when a "C" funciton name is being called via C++ code - name mangling issues that are to be addressed via extern "C" declarations. I'm now facing a problem within zlib.h. At the following segment of code

#if !defined(__MACTYPES__)
typedef unsigned char Byte; /* 8 bits */
#endif

I get the error:

error C2144: syntax error : 'unsigned char' should be preceded by ';'

I know that zlib issues are off topic on this forum, but I'm asking these questions here since I'm trying to get FZ 2 build.

Could someone please point out what I'm doing wrong when trying to compile FZ2 ?

Any help would be really, really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-- Sriram

dynamicProxy

Compiled FZ2 on my computer.

#3 Post by dynamicProxy » 2005-01-30 14:21

Hi:

I figured out that for some reason, the 'extern "C"' declarations within the zlib.h and zconf.h files are not being recognized. For the time being, I pasted the contents of these two headers into TransferSocket.h and am now able to build FileZilla.

The other issues related to COptionsTransferCompressionPage remain unsolved. I'd rather that the folks I'm handing over this work to, figure out the problems with these problems.

-- Sriram