Re: [Filezilla] ko-KR language updated.

#78 Post by sushizang » 2008-05-12 04:45

leuce
504 Command not implemented

Re: Translating FileZilla 3

#79 Post by leuce » 2008-09-08 12:01

[I hope this is the right thread for this post.]

G'day everyone

As some of you may know, I lead a project that encourage volunteers from minority languages to help translate software into their languages. We hope that some of our translators will also eventually be taking part in the translation of FileZilla. I'd like to tell you about a new feature in our web-based translation system that we'd like to exploit, just in case you get queries about it.

Previously, translators using Pootle had to translate from English, but thanks to a new feature, they can now also translate from other major languages, if those files are reasonably up to date. For this reason we'll be loading FileZilla translations in some of those major languages onto our Pootle server, in read-only mode, for use by other translators.

So if you're a translator here and you see your language suddenly appear on our Pootle server, don't worry. We're simply making existing translations available to our other translators, as per the GPL. I may also contact some translators here to offer assistance in getting their language files up to date, if they prefer.

We're quite excited about the possibility of opening FileZilla up to more languages, but we want to make sure we don't step on anyone's toes :-) or create the wrong impression.

Feel free to contact me for any information.

Samuel Murray

--
Samuel Murray
samuel@translate.org.za
Decathlon, for volunteer opensource translations
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/decathlon/

leuce

#80 Post by leuce » 2008-10-06 13:12

Does anyone know who the Hebrew translator of FileZilla is? The PO file contains only the name of a translation team, but no mail address, and the FileZilla forum does not contain mention of the Hebrew translation.

The last update on the Hebrew translation was June 2007, and it is currently only 41% translated. There are some translators from our volunteer software translation project, Decathlon, who are interested in updating the Hebrew translation.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#81 Post by botg » 2008-10-06 13:17

I think it's save for you to just take over and mail in an updated translation.

pgase
500 Command not understood

#82 Post by pgase » 2008-10-09 18:35

Last edited by pgase on 2009-01-20 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
French translator of FileZilla

mvinslov
First name: Magnus
Last name: Nilsson

#83 Post by mvinslov » 2008-10-09 21:07

I'm working on the Swedish translation and it is expected to be finished by the end of October.

sgagner
First name: Stefan
Last name: Gagner

#84 Post by sgagner » 2008-10-10 08:01

Hello mvinslov!

Just to let you know, I am also working on the Swedish translation since some time.
If we can cooperate in any way, please let me know.
The current 65% done translation can be reached at the Locomotion Pootle Server for on-line translations.
http://pootle.locamotion.org/sv/filezil ... e=1&view=1

leuce

#85 Post by leuce » 2008-10-10 09:04

sgagner wrote:The current 65% done translation can be reached at the Locomotion Pootle Server for on-line translations.
Just a note for translations hosted on a Pootle server: by default, you can view translations but you can't add to them unless you have a username (registration is free). I have written a short guide that is used by some of our translators (it may contain information not specifically relevant to this forum):

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/d ... quickstart

One trick with Pootle is that if you hover your mouse over a text, an "Edit" link appears in the right margin, which you can click to open the segment.

leuce

#86 Post by leuce » 2008-10-20 07:25

FileZilla translations on the Locamotion Pootle server

G'day everyone

This is just an update to what the Decathlon project has been doing with regards to FileZilla. As you may know, our project tries to promote languages by getting more volunteers involved in software localisation. This month I've tried to get more people involed in Translating FileZilla. Although I prefer to people use our Pootle server, the main goal is not to promote Pootle :-) but to promote the translation itself.

Here is the progress so far:

* Hebrew (previously translated up to 41%): I've had people who showed an interest and I'm confident we'll be contributing in Hebrew.
* Hindi, Croatian, Gudjarati, Urdu, Uzbek: As far as I know, FileZilla has never been translated into these languages, and we have translators in those languages who showed an interest in contributing in it.
* Serbian: As far as I know, FileZilla has never been translated into Serbian, and our Serbian volunteer is hard at work on the Serbian translation of FileZilla (did about 500 strings in the past three weeks).
* Irish: As far as I know, FileZilla has never been translated into Irish either, and our Irish volunteer is on it. So far about 70 strings' translations were added.
* Arabic (previously translated up to 55%): The previous FileZilla Arabic translator was quite happy to get more help and has stepped back a bit, so our Arabic volunteers are currently tackling this. In the past two weeks about 400 more strings were translated.
* Swedish (previously translated up to 61%): The current "official" Swedish translator has decided to give Pootle a try, and so far about 300 strings' translations were added using Pootle. We've also had interest from other Swedish volunteers.
* Turkish: I don't have the stats right now but the current Turkish translator has also decided to try out Pootle, and we have qutie a number of Turkish volunteers who may lend him a hand.
* Nepali: I've had interest in Nepali and the current translator of Nepali had indicated to me that he would not mind if someone else contributed to the Nepali translation for a change.

I've had interest from a few other translators as well, but I'm not always getting a response from the current official translators. I'll keep you posted about progress.

You can check the Pootle translations here:
http://pootle.locamotion.org/projects/filezilla/
(note that not all of them are active -- we have uploaded some major languages' translations read-only so that other translators on Pootle can use them as a reference).

Samuel

leuce

#87 Post by leuce » 2008-10-20 07:36

Does anyone know where I get hold of the Basque translator of FileZilla? The PO file mentions xOneca but I have been unable to contact him or get a response from him.

The last update on the Basque translation was October 2005, and it is currently only 25% translated. There are some translators from our volunteer software translation project, Decathlon, who are interested in updating the Basque translation.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#88 Post by botg » 2008-10-20 08:17

I think you can take over in this case.

sgagner
First name: Stefan
Last name: Gagner

#89 Post by sgagner » 2008-10-31 19:21

Hi,

Swedish translation is now 100% done on the Locamotion Pootle server.
I hope Samuel (leuce) will transfer the PO-file to the project soon.

I whish to thank Magnus Nilsson (mvinslov) for the finishing effort.

batagy
503 Bad sequence of commands
First name: György
Last name: Bata

#90 Post by batagy » 2009-01-03 05:10

Hungarian hu_HU translation is updated to 100% for version 3.2.0 RC2 (1320 items).
(In the actual 3.2.0 RC2 release a slightly older HU language file is released, translation was improved after the release)
Hungarian translator of FileZilla