Sooooo, how 'bout those e-mail restrictions

Have the feeling that everybody is staring at you in the other forums? Then look here, in this forum nobody does care what you say ;-)

Moderator: Project members

saf232fsadsa3
500 Command not understood

Sooooo, how 'bout those e-mail restrictions

#1 Post by saf232fsadsa3 » 2013-04-22 10:30

"Google Mail is the world's #1 forum spam enabler. Google DOES NOT assure the authenticity of its users! Please use a different mail provider."
"Yahoo is the world's #2 forum spam enabler. Yahoo DOES NOT assure the authenticity of its users! Please use a different mail provider."

I was thoroughly frustrated at this point and just started entering random junk trying to find a provider that you actually accepted... turns out, live.com works. Such a nonsensical method to combat spam is pretty silly. There are much better ways that don't prevent a large percentage of users from actually registering.

By the way, the original account I tried to register was Tiffany, which is now tied to some random live account. seriouslywtf@live.com or something like that.

dhinged
503 Bad sequence of commands
First name: Dave
Last name: H

Re: Sooooo, how 'bout those e-mail restrictions

#2 Post by dhinged » 2013-05-22 01:25

I just got this message updating my email. I use Gmail all the time, even for work accounts. Can FileZilla even check if it's a work account? No, they can't. Can spam still be sent from a work account with a verified human being with a credit card attached to it? Yes. In fact, many do, though the definition of "spam" may vary. I've worked on several companies that sent out perfectly valid emails just trying to sell a product, with the typical turnaround you'd expect from emailing, knocking on doors, phone calling, and passing out flyers at festivals, though I don't agree with spamming on forums.

This is such a pointless message FileZilla is telling their forum users. I suppose I could use my Comcast account, but I don't want to. My guess is most people here use accounts attached to their top 3 forum "spam" email providers, and you know what, they just need to filter out spams with a bot or a moderator like most forums, and stop complaining and telling us to use a different email.

MoonUnitZappa
550 Permission denied

Re: Sooooo, how 'bout those e-mail restrictions

#3 Post by MoonUnitZappa » 2013-05-30 13:14

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18494&start=45#p111811

They give you FZ for free and a place to discuss it for free ..
So you had to get a new email address, which you got for free !

:roll:
Definition: Politics -- Latin, from poly meaning many and tics meaning blood sucking parasites -- Tom Smothers
Power .. Cutting a long cable short.