Definately Off Topic but important

Have the feeling that everybody is staring at you in the other forums? Then look here, in this forum nobody does care what you say ;-)

Moderator: Project members

Concreteman
500 Command not understood
First name: Adrian
Last name: Mullane

Definately Off Topic but important

#1 Post by Concreteman » 2014-06-25 13:08

Hi All

Newbie here. I often have questions that are usually resolved more by forum members than actually support. But I often forget to login to the forum to see replies. How do I forward replies to my email address or better still to my blog where others can benefit. I have a wordpress blog (which is standard platform) concrete.wordpress.com where I want to put a page with resolution updates. I am in a network of small businesses who often have the same issues as me. It would be really handy to be able to forward to either my email (& then to blog/website) or straight to the site/blog <removed>

Any ideas?

Concreteman
Last edited by boco on 2014-06-25 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You are not allowed to link to third party sites of commercial nature here.

Concreteman

Re: Definately Off Topic but important

#2 Post by Concreteman » 2014-06-25 13:09

Eek sorry, I can't even get my own website address correct! Its on my profile anyway. <removed> :oops:
Last edited by boco on 2014-06-25 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You are not allowed to link to third party sites of commercial nature here.

boco
Contributor

#3 Post by boco » 2014-06-25 19:23

As for the topics of interest, you can subscribe to them and get an email upon posted reply.

Regarding your site, it seems to be a commercial-themed blog and linking to it does violate our forum rules. "You are not allowed to link to third-party sites that are commercial and/or contain trackers."
As for the citations from topics replicated to your blog, we aren't F***book and do not claim property of anything the users write. But still you should ask for consent before citing users elsewhere. Either announce your intent in the OP or, even better, inside your forum signature (without links).
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

Concreteman

#4 Post by Concreteman » 2014-06-25 19:49

Hi Boco

Thank you for the info. As I say I'm pretty new to this whole thing so forgive the mistakes. I'm not 100% sure of everything you say in your post. What I get from it is that its would be OK for me to forward stuff to my blog even though its a business site. I am not a spammer at all & have no 'trackers' on my site. Whatever they are! It is simply a small business site. I would certainly get consent before doing anything. Hence I posted here before I went ahead as I'm not sure of the protocol or manners that are required to share such information. What I wanted to do was have items of interest (how to get past basic installation errors) on my own blog so that small busiensses linking to me would also benefit.

But I'm not sure how to do that. Is there a forwarding mechanism to do that to my own blog?

Concreteman

boco
Contributor

#5 Post by boco » 2014-06-25 20:21

I am not a spammer at all & have no 'trackers' on my site. Whatever they are!
Trackers or webbugs are scripts/code snippets embedded into sites that track users' behavior. A prominent example is that whole social media crap. Note that if I thought you were a spammer you wouldn't have been able to write your follow up. Those scumbags usually immediately disappear into digital nirvana. :twisted:

As I said, there is no problem citing from posts here. It's just the direct linking to your business site that's not allowed by forum rules. Not yours alone, but any commercially-themed. (Some people come here and think it's a nice home for stray backlinks and blackhat SEO - hint: It isn't.) Also, the other way around (linking to topics here from your site) is allowed.
But I'm not sure how to do that. Is there a forwarding mechanism to do that to my own blog?
Only manually. The forum is actually not the place to collect wisdom - that's what our Wiki is for. You might adopt a similar approach, as a chronological blog is certainly not the best format.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org