How do I change index.html file?

Have the feeling that everybody is staring at you in the other forums? Then look here, in this forum nobody does care what you say ;-)

Moderator: Project members

fulanita
500 Command not understood
First name: Elita
Last name: B

How do I change index.html file?

#1 Post by fulanita » 2015-03-04 22:41

Ok, I submitted my domain's name to the Googles search engine. My problem is, is that I did a search of my domain/webpage on Google and it came back listed as, 'index.html,' instead of allowing the name of my domain to show up. If I click on the link, "index.html," it shows the domain. If I upload the file into the public_folder, with another name, other than "index.html," then only the directory shows up with the list of files instead of the domain name. What am I doing wrong and how do I get rid of the 'index.html,' so that only the link to my domain or webpage shows up on search engines? Thank you for any insight. -Ella

P.S. I hope I didn't confuse anyone.

natskyfred
First name: Nat
Last name: Skyfred

Re: How do I change index.html file?

#2 Post by natskyfred » 2015-03-05 05:38

Google has a mind of it's own sometimes. I'm having fits too with my site. However, just so you know, you have to have an index.html of some type for your website to load at all. No index file, no loading..
Last edited by boco on 2015-03-05 07:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam removed.

fulanita
First name: Elita
Last name: B

#3 Post by fulanita » 2015-03-05 09:46

natskyfred wrote:Google has a mind of it's own sometimes. I'm having fits too with my site. However, just so you know, you have to have an index.html of some type for your website to load at all. No index file, no loading..
I'm beginning to realize that! Hey, thanx for your response and the info -really appreciate it! Have a nice day and I hope you get yours working! -Ella

drclintcornellpac
First name: Lisa
Last name: rose

#4 Post by drclintcornellpac » 2015-03-09 10:54

Means your problem is solved :)
:roll: