Just Lost

Have the feeling that everybody is staring at you in the other forums? Then look here, in this forum nobody does care what you say ;-)

Moderator: Project members

ancient
500 Command not understood

Just Lost

#1 Post by ancient » 2004-08-12 23:24

I have downloaded filezilla and unpacked it, but cannot figure out how to make it work, well, not yet anyway. But then I doubt if you would do too much good for I have to find out where to put the file when I upload. Then I have to figure out if the file should be packed or unpacked when it is a uploaded. Decisions, decisions.

Three weeks ago I knew that I had to push two buttons and mess around with a mouse and that dog gone keyboard, and then this television screen would light up with these pretty little pictures on it. I was born in 1926 and all this newfangled stuff confuses me and I cannot find a starting point to start learning. It seems to me you have to learn one million things simultaneously. Now that is a lot of things especially when you have Alzheimer's for it does strange things to your thinking and memory retention. Anyway, I have my web site up, now I have to figure out how to add to it.

If you would like to take pity on me and give me a good starting point I really would appreciate it. Don't want a free ride, just a real good place that has real basic instructions for the real novice and does not assume that you can automatically program and 20 languages.
thank you very much
ancient
Alzheimer's may not be the end, but it sure is an uphill battle in another direction.

calebrw
226 Transfer OK

Re: Just Lost

#2 Post by calebrw » 2004-08-14 18:56

ancient wrote:I have downloaded filezilla and unpacked it, but cannot figure out how to make it work, well, not yet anyway. But then I doubt if you would do too much good for I have to find out where to put the file when I upload. Then I have to figure out if the file should be packed or unpacked when it is a uploaded. Decisions, decisions.
Download the .exe file.
Caleb R. W.

ancient

#3 Post by ancient » 2004-08-14 20:47

calebrw wrote:
ancient wrote:I have downloaded filezilla and unpacked it, but cannot figure out how to make it work, well, not yet anyway. But then I doubt if you would do too much good for I have to find out where to put the file when I upload. Then I have to figure out if the file should be packed or unpacked when it is a uploaded. Decisions, decisions.
Download the .exe file.
calebrw
I wish to thank you so much for the courtesy of answering my post. I have found my problem, I do not have full FTP access. In other words, I have admin privileges but not full ftp access. That is the reason I could not connect. I got in touch with my friend, and he is going to take care of uploading the program for me. I just hope he configures it also :D .
thank you very much
ancient
Alzheimer's may not be the end, but it sure is an uphill battle in another direction.

ancient

#4 Post by ancient » 2004-08-14 20:50

In my prior post I forgot to say how grateful people like me should be to the developer of this program. So I wish to thank him very much, and let him know his work is very much appreciated.
Thank you very much
ancient

calebrw
226 Transfer OK

#5 Post by calebrw » 2004-08-16 13:21

ancient wrote:calebrw
I wish to thank you so much for the courtesy of answering my post.
Your most welcome...

Edit: One other thing you could do is have but this in the client errors forum...and change the name to something like connnection prob....
Caleb R. W.