Forum search box is covered by the div with class TopAd

Have the feeling that everybody is staring at you in the other forums? Then look here, in this forum nobody does care what you say ;-)

Moderator: Project members

robbiegod
504 Command not implemented
First name: Robert
Last name: Fletcher

Forum search box is covered by the div with class TopAd

#1 Post by robbiegod » 2018-08-15 20:33

I'm using Chrome on Windows 10 Pro. I have my browser open fullscreen. When i try to click into the "search" box for your forums, I cannot select the search box because the div class="TopAd" is covering it up.

You can fix this by adding position: relative to the .search-header in the forms.css file. Adding a z-index:9999; to that same class.

Then add a z-index:1; to the TopAd class - looks like you'll have to add that inline.

I whipped up that solution using inspect element. Thought it might help!

Thank you!

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Forum search box is covered by the div with class TopAd

#2 Post by botg » 2018-08-15 21:21

Cannot reproduce. There's an @media style that hides the banner if the window gets too small.

robbiegod
504 Command not implemented
First name: Robert
Last name: Fletcher

Re: Forum search box is covered by the div with class TopAd

#3 Post by robbiegod » 2018-09-05 13:28

I've come back today and I can now click in the search box.

I'm seeing the "FileZilla Pro supports Amazon S3, Azure, and WebDAV! buy now banner, but when I click that banner it does nothing. It doesn't look like the banner is hyperlinked anymore.

I can see the link when i view the source, but the banner is not clickable. Very weird.

In response to my original post, I had my browser opened full screen and the banner was interfering with the search box. It doesn't appear to be doing that anymore. Thanks.