Remote upload to a Fritz Box FTP server

Have the feeling that everybody is staring at you in the other forums? Then look here, in this forum nobody does care what you say ;-)

Moderator: Project members

IceBro
500 Command not understood
First name: Julian
Last name: Barkey

Remote upload to a Fritz Box FTP server

#1 Post by IceBro » 2018-10-04 13:06

I have several files that are all provided with a download limit. They are each 1.5 GB in size and can be downloaded with a maximum of 800 kb / s which takes about 1 hour. Now these are 33 files and I have no desire to start the laptop day and night and had instead the idea to transfer the files directly to the FTP server Fritz box and then download from there at full speed. At the Fritz box a 64 GB USB stick is attached on which the data can be stored. If you open the link you can also save the file directly (so you get directly the famous pop-up window of Windows where you want to save the file) so I think theoretically no problem. The link is only temporary, it is valid for about 4 hours. After that, you have to generate a new one, but I'll just get it that's not the problem. So does anyone feel like helping me and communicating possible solutions?

I would be very happy about that.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Remote upload to a Fritz Box FTP server

#2 Post by botg » 2018-10-04 15:05

You need to run an FTP client on your router then. Moved to off-topic as it has nothing to do with fileZilla.