shaders not working for minecraft

Have the feeling that everybody is staring at you in the other forums? Then look here, in this forum nobody does care what you say ;-)

Moderator: Project members

SynergizedRegen
500 Command not understood
First name: Adena
Last name: Reinemann

shaders not working for minecraft

#1 Post by SynergizedRegen » 2023-01-12 02:12

Hey, I just got an apex server for minecraft. And I used filezilla to port in my saved game data that I want to use as my world on the server. The world loads, my mods load, my menu for shaders is still there, but if I enable a shader, the blocks all get this weird jagged warped triangle thing going on with them, and don't look right at all. I know that shaders are client side, but apex didn't have an answer for me. And I'm wondering if I have to somehow add my shaders file folder or something to filezilla? Any ideas. I'm fresh out. Thanks.

boco
Contributor

Re: shaders not working for minecraft

#2 Post by boco » 2023-01-12 14:59

"Saved game data" usually only includes the "saves" directory, holding your MC world or worlds. As the world loads, including mods, that is in place correctly, and FileZilla has done its job (modern MC worlds are now McRegion (MCR) or McAnvil (MCA) format which is completely binary, so if it loads and no chunks are corrupt, all is OK).
Shaders render the data client-side, but, depending on the used shader(s), you might have also need to sync the shader packs and resource/texture packs, for the server to send the correct data. Also check that the server is for the MC version you intend, some things malfunction when being run on the wrong version.

That is for Java, no idea if and how it also applies to Bedrock.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org