I cant get java applets to work on my website - please help!

Have the feeling that everybody is staring at you in the other forums? Then look here, in this forum nobody does care what you say ;-)

Moderator: Project members

RabW
500 Command not understood

I cant get java applets to work on my website - please help!

#1 Post by RabW » 2008-09-08 12:19

I'm creating my own website and I wish to create a portfolio of games which I have created. I have a game which I created in Java, called Earth2015, and it runs fine in a web browser via its html file when I am offline. However when I uploaded the game and all the necessarry files to my server and go to the web page online, the Java loading screen appears, the loading bar fills up and then the page just stays blank, no graphics from my game, nothing. It even says "mainApplet loaded" at the bottom of the screen.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? The Java console shows no errors so does this mean my Java code is ok? I wondered if my resources ie. images and sounds were maybe just taking too long to load so I packaged them up into a .jar fiile and loaded them from there, but still no joy. My html code is:

<html><head><title>Earth 2015</title></head>
<body>
<applet code="mainApp.class" archive="mainApp.jar" width="670" height="498" ></applet>
<br>
<a href="ftp.myweb.tiscali.co.uk/rwatson85/index.htm"> <strong>Back to MAIN PAGE</strong> </a>
</body>

</html>

Anything wrong there? My site is

Thanks in advance for any help, it would be very much appreciated.

itguru
550 File not found
First name: Paul
Last name: K

Re: I cant get java applets to work on my website - please help!

#2 Post by itguru » 2008-09-10 19:52

This really isn't related to FZ.

You should check Google.